Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh Sunny Day!

2 years ago today, I woke up around 7:30am to the lovely sound of Sarah's cell phone alarm going off. My intention was to TRY to sleep in until 9, but we were sharing a hotel room and Sarah was ignoring the alarm - leaving it up to me to search for her phone and figure out how to turn it off. It was my wedding day, and there was no chance I was falling back to sleep. It turned out that I had forgotten to finish putting together the ceremony programs - so the extra time was actually a good thing (thanks Sassy). July 29th has notoriously been a hot and sunny day in Seattle. It had been like 20 or so years since it rained - which is in part why we chose it. On this day, it was overcast and threatened rain. Luckily it didn't and after a whirlwind of a day, around 6:12pm, I officially became a Thompson.

1 year ago today, I woke up on the floor of our new house. We had just moved in the day before and everything we owned (which at the time was not much) was scattered everywhere. We spent the entire day in sweats, unshowered, painting the walls and ceiling of our new home. We laughed at the difference between how fancied up we were one year before - compared to how dirty and stinky we were on this day. Around 6:12pm, we poured some wine into two plastic cups and toasted to our year as a married couple. Outside, it was overcast and raining.


Today I woke up to my alarm going off at 5:20am. I snoozed until almost 6. I'm at work now- but clearly not working. I look forward to a nice evening at home with my husband of 2 years. We're not going to do much of anything special - but the past 2 years have given us a LOT of something special... so today we'll probably just appreciate it all :) Outside it's gray and raining.

Sorry Seattle, it looks like we jinxed July 29th. But I can't say I regret it!!

10 comments:

McDolan said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Unknown said...

YAY! Happy Anniversary! And, you're welcome about the alarm. I was just watching out for you!;-) Two years ago on this day I was FREAKED OUT to give my speech. Last year at this time, I was FREAKED OUT to give Tammy's speech. Today - not freaked out. NO MORE SPEECHES!!!

michael said...

Happy anniversary Hailey, that was all very well put and i can't agree more. It always seems to be fun when you are around.
What's the next july 29th going to bring???....a well maintained yard?......maybe a new car?..or how bout....a pal for steve?
love you and I'll be home from work in twenty.

Unknown said...

Debbie! Bring on Debbie!

McDolan said...

I say bring on a BABY!!!! Sarah I thought for sure that would be your thought as well, not Debbie the cat!

Unknown said...

Who's to say Debbie couldn't be a baby girl? It doesn't HAVE to be a cat, does it? What do you think, Hailey? A little girl named Debbie?? YES?

Hailey said...

The main reason we decided to name our dog "Steve" and cat "Debbie" is because Mike used to jokingly refer to our future children as Steve and Debbie. It was sorta a compromise. So to answer your question Sarah - please imagine me saying "NO!" the way Alex does in your Skrreen Keen video :)

Marty and Jenny said...

Hailey, Happy Belated anniversary. Did you guys have a nice romantic evening? Glad to hear the history on your pet's names, do you have a cat? Hang in there with work.

McDolan said...

Oh Little Debbie... just like those fat induced donuts and cookies... such a great little name :)

kelly said...

I love the blog...but you stink at writing!!! :)(hee, hee) I will never think of July 29th the same again. It will forever in my mind be known as Thompson Day!!! Yeah for two years!!!