Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

I am soooo done with this belly!!


This is it! I'm exactly 39 weeks and having this baby today! I couldn't be more ready. I am so excited to hold this little girl in my arms and love her with everything that I am.

A few months ago, I wrote her this poem. It was back when I was still enamored with her living in my belly. I want to remember that feeling (even though I'm now thoroughly over it - hehe)

Sitting on the crowded bus
With unfamiliar faces
Strangers all too close for comfort
That's one of the places...
At my desk all day long
The minutes pass by slow
Wishing I were somewhere else
Again you let me know...
Relaxing on my couch
With nothing more to do
Suddenly I'm smiling
And all because of you...
Laying in my bed
You occupy my mind
I rest my hand upon you
When sleep is hard to find...
No matter where I'm headed
No matter when I'm there
You remind me that you're with me
No feeling can compare.
Every moment like this
I'm grateful you would pick me
to experience this miracle -
I LOVE it when you kick me!


Baby GT will bring me new love. New life. New everything. I cannot wait to meet her!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

My heart is brimming. My baby is having a baby.

McDolan said...

What a sweet poem you wrote her all of it so true :)
And I am happy to see one last belly picture to remember your journey into mama-hood. It is Awesome :)

my word verification is endes (so close to end... end of a pregnancy :) )

Unknown said...

Sweet poem, Hailey. Welcome to your new life!

Nice work posting this last entry before you officially became a mommy. You were super cute prego.

Marty and Jenny said...

I've always loved your poems, this has to be the best one yet. Your little girl is so beautiful, congratulations Hailey.

Tammy Spence said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see how big baby GT is. I haven't been on here in awhile and I couldn't believe this belly shot! Nice job Hailey. That poem is so beautiful.
Can't wait to see baby pics.