Monday, September 14, 2009

This moment

Smiley girl in Lake Chelan - 6 weeks old

Raya is a little over 2 months old now. 9 weeks and 6 days to be exact. She smiles all the time, loves to stand and look around (while I hold her balanced, of course), and talks our ears off (she and Mike have some seriously long conversations, it's the cutest thing). She has real emotions and knows how to express them now. Sometimes she's content to just look around while she's in her swing, other times she insists on being held. She LOVES her Moby wrap. I can stick her in that thing and do the dishes, fold the laundry, check my email (she's in it now as I write this)... it's awesome. Plus, I love having her that close to me too. It's a win win for sure :)



Wearing the adorable outfit cousin Erin gave her...

and the cute Mary Jane socks her Great Grandma Judy gave her :)

I wish I could ask her to slow down and let me revel in this moment for awhile. At the same time, I love that with each day I see a new little piece of her. I'm careful to remind myself to appreciate the moments. Sometimes I actually whisper those words. When she looks up at me while she's nursing ("this moment"). When she's crying or sleeping in my arms ("this moment"). When she's cooing happily to her daddy ("this moment"). When her dimple is deep from the big smile she's giving Mommy ("THIS MOMENT!!").
Here are some moments from the past few weeks.

Ray in the Moby, Mac in my arms (and totally happy about it)

Chatting it up with Daddy

Poor baby had her first round of shots last week - she's showing off her owies :)

Watching the Hawks win their first game!

Smiling at her Mommy... there's that dimple!

She's squirming and fussing now which means blog time is over. I best get up off my butt and dance around a bit.

This moment :)

8 comments:

Claudia said...

I just can't get enough of those babies. Little Ray is absolutely just like the song says:

A little Raya sunshine
A little bit of soul
And just a touch of magic
You've got the greatest thing since rock and roll!

(okay, I changed the first line a little bit)

Unknown said...

OMG! She just keeps getting cuter! I can see much more of you in her now.

And I know what you mean about "this moment". I think that's especially helpful during those difficult moments when you think it will never end. And of course, it does. And then you look back and miss all the moments - difficult or not... Anyway, well put. Give my little sweetie a big big hug and kiss from her Aunt Sarah and tell her I love her.

Marty and Jenny said...

ohhh Hailey, Raya is an angel, so beautiful, just like her momma! Aren't the Moby's awesome!! I use them with a little 3 month old I watch. He could hang out there all day. That's funny about the Maranda look alike. The baby really wanted to come out last night, but Maranda told him to stay put 'cause I was having my day care inspection this morning (which got canceled b/c our liscensor had a family emergency!!) Urgh! Keep up the great mothering! You're a natural.

McDolan said...

CUTE! We seriously need to have am mommy baby playdate (babies lay on the floor mommy's drink wine gig) no papas or big brothers. Cause I see you guys but it is always in a "not necessarily baby friendly location"

Alyssa said...

Little Ray Ray is so cute in her outfit from Erin! I love it. You know what else I love? That she and Mackie have cute little matching post-shots photos complete with exposed diapers, unbuttoned onesies and boppies! And another thing I love? Merry's idea for a baby roll-around/wine time get together:)

Hailey said...

Ha! Nyss, I love all those things too. That photo of Mac was so cute, Gammy requested I take a similar one of Raya :)

Claudia said...

And Gammy has printed them both out and have them on my desk at work. xoxox

McDolan said...

and I wanted to get one of Ravi yesterday with her matching shot bandaids but paul had taken off the bandaids... oh well :)