Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!!

I'm gonna "turn and face the strain" by sharing it with my job tomorrow - so there's nothing else preventing me from posting it here. I'm 14 weeks pregnant! I am sooo nervous about sharing it with my job... I just started working with a new team and I doubt they'll be thrilled to have me leave for 3 months. But we'll save that for another entry...

So far so good for the most part. I did go through a nauseous stage, but that seemed to subside around 10 weeks. I also developed an overwhelming aversion to Asian food - mainly Chinese and Thai. My all time FAVORITE kind of food! If I caught a whiff of something that smelled like Chinese food, if someone talked about curry, if peppers or sesame seeds were an ingredient in anything, even if I just saw chopsticks - I would feel nauseous. I was so disappointed and worried that it would be become permanent. Luckily, I surprised myself the other day by wanting Chinese food for lunch, and I'm totally craving some GOOD phad thai now. I still think curry and cooked peppers sound disgusting... but baby steps work for me :)

My new stage seems to be regular and sometimes debilitating headaches. Last night, I was in bed before 8pm with an icepack on my forehead. Unable to even watch American Idol! I managed to avoid a repeat today - but I'm worried because I think the preventative trick is caffeine... something I've been trying to avoid. I've read just about everywhere that small amounts of caffeine is okay - so I'm gonna allow myself just that in hopes of not missing any more of my favorite shows!

Here's a really great picture of me displaying my growing belly (you can practically see in my eyes the headache that is lurking behind them). I guess I'm kind of an early show-er... but if you can believe it, I am "sucking it in" in this pic.


I am so completely thrilled to be pregnant and I love every single experience that comes with it - good and bad. Okay, maybe I don't LOVE the headaches... but soon I'm going to have a tiny little baby to love with all my heart. That's worth more than all the Chinese food in the world :)

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

What? You're pregnant?! Holy crap, me too!

McDolan said...

hey did you know I am too!!! pregnant that is. Wow what a small world, we had better party non-alcoholic style to celebrate.
Um... hmmm what is the sex? I had serious aversion to asian food with luke and no headaches- this time around with baby R, I have had no problem with food, craved thai was super nausious (sp?) and had headaches consistantly up to about 24 weeks... hmm
Yippee for announcing it, maybe you won't be a "logger" anymore!
loves!

McDolan said...

one last thing... acupuncture? I think it helped with my headaches- let me know if you want their name... they are real close to us downtown and accept insurances.

Unknown said...

OMG! Congratulations, Hailey!! This is so so exciting! Now Bella will have a new friend (really a cousin) to play with (and probably boss around, because who are we kidding? She's her mommy's daughter.

I had terrible headaches too (and still do quite frequently). Acupuncture was amazing for my back. I bet it would be worth a shot.

Anyway, my vbff, I am so so excited for you and the stinkerbottom! (and for me too!!) Love you lots!

Hailey said...

As far as the old wives tales go - I have stong signs suggesting I'm having a boy AND a girl. At least I know there's only one in there! I'll let you know if I decide to try acupuncture, Merry... I've heard great things about it from several people.

Unknown said...

Hey there, I am so excited to see you. I should bring my baby book. I looked just like you at 14 weeks.
I am so excited for you and Mike and how fun to share the experience with Alyssa! Hope to see you both next week!

Claudia said...

What can I say but "finally!!!" We get to be Gammy and Pappy at last. (Or whatever the little ones decide to call us) My heart is full.

Barb said...

Congratulations, Hailey! Your mumsie just sent me your blog. You must be in heaven. I know Grammy Jo is thrilled. I just found out about Alyssa, too. How fun to both be pregnant at the same time. Tell her congrats for me. You are SUCH a great writer. I was totally amused reading your blogs, especially the stories about Stevie. I look forward to hearing about your progress. Tell your hubby congrats, too.

California Barb

Kisa said...

Congratulations! It's awesome that the three cousins will be so close in age. Good luck with the headaches,hopefully they'll be gone soon.