Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Glow-Schmo

An old wives tale says that when you're pregnant with a girl you lose your looks because your daughter steals them. I'm 100% okay with this! I will gladly give up anything of mine for my baby.

Sure, I can still look cute (with the right outfit) and have a good hair day when I put in the effort (rarely). Sometimes I even find that my make-up is doing its job of making me look fresh and pretty. But I ain't glowing, y'all. Not even a little.

Unless...

When they say "glow" do they mean, "getting all dry and flaky around the nose and chin?" Cuz if that's the case, I be glowin' big time!

I've been told by two men in my office that I'm glowing. Sure, it's nice to hear, and of course I'd like to believe them. But then I remember these guys are Financial Advisors. Schmoozing is what they do best. Maybe they see my dry patchy skin and dark circles under my eyes (oh, did I mention the acne?) and their instinct is to "rebalance my portfolio" with some good old fashioned sweet talk. It's nice, actually... but it only lasts until I see my reflection in the mirror.

All for you baby girl :)

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Well, my glow consists of dark roots, bleeding gums, and some water retention in my legs (aka: cankles). Our daughters better be darn cute for all the 'glow' they're giving us!

Unknown said...

Man, I hope we get boys next!! I don't think anyone even told me I was glowing! But suffering for those few months was worth it!!

p.s You may not think you're glowing, but I think you look darn cute!

Tammy Spence said...

My mother in law told me that when your pregnant with boys you grow hair all over your face from the extra testosterone in your body. I thought, really? Thanks...Are you trying to tell me something?? You look super cute Hailey and I know your little girl is going to be beautiful.

McDolan said...

hehe, I was fortunate that I broke out in my glow as a facial rash long before we let anyone know we were expecting... so far I am crosing my fingers that my face stays free and clear - no rash no acne. Just wait because after baby is born the only thing that will be glowing is your bum... as in mine has stretched 4" wider.... WTF, I tried on my regular jeans today and was dismayed that there was no way they could even be remotely buttoned. I need to start exercising!

Claudia said...

Well, baby girl, I have you to thank for the decidedly unattractive vericose veins on my right leg. People thought they were bruises when I was pregnant. I was cranky and had a constant cold.

You were worth it...