Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Over halfway there - 22 weeks!

This past month has been one of extreme growth. On Sunday, I was asked by the Home Depot cashier when I was due. It totally caught me off guard. I didn't know what she was talking about at first! I swear I went to bed one night and woke up the next day with a balloon in my belly - a squirmy balloon that likes to kick me in the bladder. Sleeping has become more of an issue. I'm a "back sleeper" but am supposed to be a sleeping on my side nowadays. I have impingement syndrome in my right shoulder so my left side is more comfortable - but Michael's on my left and he tends to favor his right side. As you can imagine, this makes for a lot of "air sharing." If this lovely experience doesn't wake me, rolling onto my back will because Baby GT has discovered this is the BEST position in which to practice her dance moves. Either way I'm awake now and wouldn't you know it, I gotta go to the bathroom...

Steve insisted he be involved in the belly shot this time. We have jealousy issues.

Another development - anytime I exert more than the normal amount of energy on something, I'm overcome with exhaustion. It doesn't last long, but it's annoying. Especially since we're in the middle of trying to set up the nursery. Every few minutes I gotta take a break and sit down for a bit. Michael has been very understanding, but I'm sure it's annoying that he has to pick up so much slack. While he spent Sunday stripping off the molding, sanding the walls and moving furniture up from and down to the basement... I spent the day sitting on the bed, folding clothes, and watching re-runs of America's Next Top Model. Sometimes I feel guilty, but then I remind myself that I'm actually two people right now.... a thought that often talks me into taking a quick nap.

Other than that, I'm still doing pretty good. No more major neck/back issues (knock on wood). My ribs still ache, but the doc confirmed this was totally normal and just something I gotta live with. I have found I can live with a lot - as long as I'm assured that it's normal and not something wrong with me that I'm probably going to die from. This is what goes through the mind of a pregnant lady who was already a worry wart to begin with :) My poor daughter is in for it.

7 comments:

Claudia said...

You're looking good baby girl, you too Steve. Baby Gee is looking to be still quite high. I feel for your ribs. Thanks for updating your blog. I got two in one tonight with the "Make room for Mac" update. Love you Wacky :)

Unknown said...

YOU LOOK SOOOOOO CUTE! I can't believe how fast you "popped" (I almost wrote "pooped"). Any luck with the maternity clothes? You know what my opinion is on the matter!!

Oh, and worrying.. Yeah, you also know where I stand on THAT matter too. AARGH!

Alyssa said...

My niece is looking extra cute lately! She really has gotten big over the last week or so. I love it:)

I'm so over the pregnancy sleeping and the full-body exhaustion. Today when I was walking to a meeting on campus, I got so exhausted that I had to sit down right then and there(and stop for a cookie and a green machine.)

Hailey said...

So funny you say that Sarah - an alternate title I was considering was "Popped & Pooped" - but I thought that might give a false impression of what I was blogging about :)
I finally have a few more pair of belly-allowing works pants... but I'm still struggling to keep my outfits cute and comfy. I pretty much gotta go with one or the other... and comfy usually wins!

Tammy Spence said...

You have the most perfectly cute pregnant belly! I hate the pregnancy exhaustion. You're right it sneaks up on you. The first time it hit me, I was running up the stairs in our house and when I got to the top I thought I was going to pass out. Then I thought I was going to have a panic attack! I think you and I have a lot in common, we're both worry warts.
P.S. Steve is adorable.

Marty and Jenny said...

Too cute Hailey!! I love your little big belly. Good luck to Michael on the nursery and you just keep up-to date on all your shows you kept wanting to find time to watch :o)

McDolan said...

this pic of steve and you makes me crack up! it looks like you are ready to start a cheer or catching your balance because steve went between your legs, silly silly.
Hey all you pregos the exhaustion does not go away- I was thinking it would but then I have caught myself a multitude of times dozing off in the past weeks mid feed... not good.
And you do have the perfect prego belly :)