Thursday, February 19, 2009

Having a day

I just got back from bawling my eyes out in my office bathroom. Want to know why? So do I. I was sitting here at my desk trying to get some work done and BOOM - suddenly I'm overcome with the urge to cry and need to make a run for the bathroom before my co-workers can see.

What the hell??

Okay, I KNOW it's normal to have your emotions be all over the place when you're pregnant... but it's one thing to let your eyes well up at work when you read a sad (or touching) story online. It's another thing to find yourself sitting in a bathroom stall, blowing your nose and wondering why your tears won't stop flowing!

On the flip side, I do appreciate the random bouts of giddiness I also experience. When Mike or Steve do something that's probably not even funny, I'll laugh like no tomorrow. That stuffs awesome.

Tammy, if you read this... I am so grateful you wrote about your similar experiences because it allows me to feel somewhat normal. It's so great to have a support group of pregos to relate with!

5 comments:

McDolan said...

hehe... I have for the moment got my emotions in check, but just the other day was getting emotional over some tv show, or if paul is being (what I feel) extra mean to me - like going to the bar all the time and not understanding that I have been at work all day long.

Unknown said...

Oh man, at work, huh? Don't worry. I don't think it really matters why we cry when our hormones are all out of whack. Even when you try to justify it, most of the time it's silly anyway. Just do it.

Oh, and by the way, it doesn't end at childbirth. I had a silly breakdown today.

Tammy Spence said...

I know how you feel Hailey! But it is so good to let it out. I always feel better after a good cry even if its over something silly. Nice work on adding the babystrology widget! I love watching that. Did you look at what it looks like with multiples? AHH! Peace out.

Claudia said...

Hey, I figured out how to change my name! I think I will periodically change it and confuse people. Jeez, I need a life.

Marty and Jenny said...

Poor Hailey! I experience the same thing on all these fertility drugs and hormones. Mine are mostly extreme mood swings, like getting mad at Marty 'cause he can't decide what kind of material is going to go around the fire pit (that doesn't even exist yet). He suggest wood chips and I think its a terrible idea. He should've said gravel, that wouldv'e been the right answer. Then of course I feel silly for getting upset about such a stupid thing. Hopefully soon enough I'll be bawling my eyes out for no reason.