Wednesday, April 8, 2009

26 Weeks!

I've been posting new belly shots every 4 weeks and intend to keep that going until our girl arrives - so here we are at 26 weeks!
Don't neglect to notice the "filled out" face :)

I told someone the other day that sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant because I'm pretty darn comfortable lately. Unless I eat too much. There's nothing more uncomfortable than a full, bloated, belly pushing your ribs out and testing the limits of even your stretchiest maternity wear. Add to that the little baby moving around and kicking what she pleases... ouchie-wah-wah! But I don't let that happen very often... usually only once or twice a day (you'd think I'd learn, but my darn pregnancy brain is relentless!)

We have the basics of our nursery set up. The walls are painted with cute decals decorating them, the rug is covering most of the hardwood floor, the crib and changing table are in their place, and the closet is organized and holding GT's tiny, adorable clothes. MT deserves all the credit. I did assist him with parts of it (handed him the carpet tiles as he placed them, helped with the wall decals and hung some of her outfits)... but he's the one who got it done! He even rewired and replaced outlets in the room so we know it's good and safe for our girl! We're pretty sure that hadn't been done since 1951. Here are a few pics:

BEFORE
AFTER

As you can see, we still need a few items... but it's getting there! Once it's completely done, I'll post another blog about it. I'll try to figure out my camera settings too so I can show better views of the room. Obviously we are in need of a bit of pink - she is a girl after all!!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

I love the wall decals! Baby Gee has her own little nest in the middle of all the birdies in the trees. She will be cozy and happy in her sweet nursery. Good job MT!
xoxox

Unknown said...

Holy crap! You look so so cute! I can't believe how cute your little belly is... it's getting big though! YAY!

The room looks absolutely fabulous! You have such good taste!

McDolan said...

Love the room and modern crib... I am anxiously awaiting putting together a nursery for our Ravenna. You are making me jealous - it looks so good!
Oh and you look pretty cute too!

Alyssa said...

I can't stop thinking about you saying that you're 'pretty darn comfortable' now. Lucky. I'm so ridiculously uncomfortable most nights that I want to cry. Wah.

I LOVE little G's room and I can't wait til she's in it!

Tammy Spence said...

I love the nursery! The birdies and the orange are adorable. So are you by the way.
I'm glad you are feeling good! Keep the pictures rolling!

Claudia said...

I was just looking at his again and noticed that you had to point out your filled out face. You be funny Wacky. xox