Friday, May 8, 2009

By the way...

I wrote my last blog entry on Tuesday but didn't get a chance to post it that day because we had our first "Preparing for Child Birth" class that evening and didn't get home until 8:30. I forgot to load the belly shot picture, and just went to bed.

The next morning, I awoke at 5:30 to the WONDERFUL news that my baby niece was on her way into the world! Without a moment (or a shower) to spare, Mike and I got to the hospital with barely enough time to visit with Colin and Alyssa before the nurse came in and said, "Okay, she's ready to come out!" We gave them their privacy and headed for the waiting room where we were soon joined by my equally excited parents. Around 8:35, Colin came out to announce that Mackenzie Hale Campbell was born at 8:19! She is perfect and healthy and tiny and adorable! I love my niece so much!! My daughter must've been jealous of all the attention her cousin was getting because, that evening, I started having multiple Braxton Hicks contractions. They weren't particularly painful, but definitely annoying... and I became worried when they were occurring every 5 minutes. I called the doctor and she told me what to do - take 600 milligrams of ibuprofen (I'm a worry wart, so I only took 400), drink lots of water and lay down. I did that, and once again forgot to post my blog. The contractions stopped though :)

Yesterday, Kelly and I went back to visit my newest and sweetest family member, then we went to meet our husbands at Kate's Pub for some cheap happy hour dinner (I think that'll be my last time in a pub for awhile, the looks are really getting to me!). I was so tired when we got home that I completely forgot about my blog.

Now it's Friday and I'm at work. You know what that means?? Time to do something (anything) other than work! I finally loaded that darn belly shot picture and posted my blog. Leaving the date as Tuesday, March 5, because technically, that is the day I wrote it (and that is the day I was officially 30 weeks along).

So there's my long winded, overly detailed explanation for why my last blog was posted late. Really, I just wanted to share the news that my sweet baby niece was born!

4 comments:

McDolan said...

nice explanation!

Unknown said...

Yikes! I'm glad your B hicks contractions stopped. I think I missed your last post (probably with all the excitement)...

Tammy Spence said...

Congratulations to Alyssa and Colin!! I cannot believe she's here!

Nicole said...

Oh I hated those nasty braxton hicks! I had them daily throughout the 3rd trimester. You look gorgeous Hailey! And congrats on being a new aunt! xoxoxo