Tuesday, May 5, 2009

30 Weeks!!

Do I really only have 10 weeks to go (or less)? That's just craziness! Although, if you ask most people, the real craziness is the fact that I STILL have 10 weeks left. My belly be big!

Baby got the hiccups the other night. It was the first time I felt them. I was worried initially - I thought maybe she was in distress and was convulsing or something. I woke up Michael and made him feel my belly - he calmly agreed that it felt like the hiccups. Then my girl made some of her normal movements and I was allowed to marvel at the cuteness of it all. My silly little baby, chillin' in my belly, hiccuping like a drunk. How adorable.

Being in my third trimester has brought on a calmness in me. I worry less about the "what-ifs" and instead I daydream about the "for-sures." Like the first time I get to see my baby's face. The first time I get to kiss the bottoms of her tiny little feet. The look I get to see on my husbands face as he holds his daughter for the first time. Those are moments in my future that I cannot wait to experience. They are the moments I focus on when those pesky "what-ifs" attempt to creep back into my head.

As my third grade teacher put it, "if you're going to worry about the 'what-ifs' in life, you needn't bother getting out of bed in the morning." So true, Mrs. Frohning.

I really wish I had started off with a different outfit for these belly shots. I thought it would be fun to wear the same thing each time to see how it gradually fits me differently. But the tanktop I chose is so not right for the job. Something a tad longer would've been nice :)


7 comments:

McDolan said...

um, i love the fact that you wear the same outfit... and i think you should make a slide show of it all :) just my two sense.
i am excited you are on the last leg- i can't wait to meet her, now only if i was still on maternity leave when you girlies are that would be perfect :)

Unknown said...

Man, you crack me up! You thought she was convulsing! LMAO! And you are getting BIG! I can't wait to see how that top fits around week 38!! I think you'll have to show us your bare belly at that point with the top up around your boobs. Looking forward to it!

Claudia said...

I have had pictures in my head of how my two granddaughters would look. For some reason I have always pictured Mackie to be roundish and Baby Gee to be lanky. With little Mac just tipping the scales at 5 lbs 4 oz, and Hailey looking as she does with 10 weeks left to go, I may have to rethink this.

Sarah, what does LMAO mean?

Claudia said...

Correction, Mackie was 5 lbs 6 oz at birth, then went down to 5 lbs 4oz then back up to 5 lbs 6 oz. Get it right Gammy!

Unknown said...

CLaudia, LMAO means "laughing my ass off". I didn't make it up, I swear.

Tammy Spence said...

I aqree with Sarah. I cannot wait until you are at week 38 or 39 with that tank top on. YOU look so freakin' cute. Especially your bootie! Nice job Hailey.

Marty and Jenny said...

I agree with a merry a cute slideshow of your belly shots would be fun to see. I can't believe you only have 2 more months to go. You look great Hailey!!