Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So close but so far!!

Alyssa and me - Bump to bump - April 25th

Mackenzie and me - Baby to bump - May 10th

I started off my pregnancy with a group of fellow pregnant gals. It's been so much fun sharing our experiences and anticipating the future with them. On March 1st, Merry had her baby... then on May 6th, both Alyssa and Tammy had their babies.

And so... I am the one left behind.

I do know several others who are expecting (hooray!)... and I find comfort in knowing that my baby is due BEFORE theirs (hehe)... but I gotta say, my prego life is a little different now that the above ladies have delivered their babes. While I do feel closer to the finish line... I also feel destined to be pregnant for-eeehhh-verrrr.

In spite of this feeling, I love having her safe and sound inside my belly and sometimes I wish I could just keep it that way. I can easily bring her with me everywhere I go and I don't need to worry about the big scary world harming her. But as my Mom pointed out, this would mean never getting to meet her and watch her grow and discover her personality... it would also mean that I would literally be pregnant forever. No thanks. I miss wearing high-heeled shoes and jeans that button at the waist...

and sushi...

and wine...

and dirty martinis (extra dirt please).

So my point is, I'm one confused and abandoned prego! But I sooo love these new babies that have come into this world and in a gazillion years (prego time = about 1.5 months real time), my sweet girl will join them. Yay!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how you were feeling, being the last one... ah... wobbling. You're in the home stretch! And this month and a half will fly by for everyone else (but probably not for you and Mike). Alex commented on how quickly a pregnancy goes by if you or your wife isn't the one pregnant!

This anticipation is one of the best feelings. The not knowing and dreaming up all kinds of possibilities... I am looking forward to going through that again (I could do without the back pain and constant bathroom visits, though.)

Anyway,I can't wait to meet our little Baby GT either!! Hang in there! Dirty martinis are upon the horizon (you know how I feel about those!)

Alyssa said...

I agree with Sarah! Enjoy the anticipation and try to savor these last few pre-baby moments because pretty soon there's no turning back! And trust me, you won't want to:) And even though you still have a little longer to go, it only makes that first bite of sushi taste even better. Btw, I'm saving my first hot sake for us to enjoy together. Talk about a nice sista-in-law! Kiss my baby niece and tell her we can't wait

Claudia said...

I knew this would be a hard time. I also get how you feel the comfort of having her safely snug within you. With both you and Colin, there were moments that I would have wished you back inside, if only to have some time for myself. It is all worth it. I enjoy all of you as adults so much and the time that I will get with the babies, I can spend doing the things that I would have done with you if I was not so tired from taking care of all the basic things. Someone has a master plan.

McDolan said...

sorry the weather is so warm too :(

It is funny how fast pregnancy goes when you are not the one. I keep looking at pictures of myself pregnant not more then 4 months ago and ask how the past few months have flown literally by... you will be thinking the same thing not too long from now :) and I can't wait to meet my daughters other VBFF real soon :)

Tammy Spence said...

Hailey I know what you mean about staying prego and keeping the baby safe. And your right the down side to this would be to never hold her or see her grow. You are going to be such a fun and loving mom and your baby is going to be very happy and healthy. I cannot believe how much Mackenzie looks like you!
By the way I love the moby wrap. It has helped me to get a few things done around the house when I put him in it. It fits nice and snug and they like to be close to you in it.
I also have a sling and the bjorn. I think each one serves a purpose.
You look so cute prego!