Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Large and in Charge

Please excuse the mess behind me - we're working on our kitchen so everything is in our dining room. More on that later....

There's a slight change to my "belly shot" outfit. I can't find my black leggings anywhere (I think they made a run for their life) so they've been replaced with these work-out pants. They provide the same unflattering-butt-effect, so we're good :)

34 weeks y'all! Can you believe it? My beach ball belly is doing good. It draws lots of attention and is a great conversation piece for random people I happen by. Today I took the elevator downstairs (to go buy some snacks) and a lady from another floor commented on how close I am to being done and said she hoped I'm doing okay with the heat. Moments later, at the convenient store (paying for my snacks), the lady at the register exclaimed "It's almost time!" as she handed me my change. Then on the elevator ride back up to my office (with bag 'o snacks in hand), another lady told me I didn't have much longer to go and that I am very lucky.

3 different people within 10 minutes, all with the same basic observation: that's a big belly! I love these random comments and am proud my baby girl has turned my belly into an object not to be ignored. Normally I'm the type of person who prefers that strangers don't talk to me (I work in downtown Seattle and there are lots of weirdos...). But when it comes to the topic of my baby, bring it on! It is my favorite topic after all. That and snacks :)

Here are a few more pics Sarah... I made them extra dorky just for you!!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

AH HA HA HA HA! That post was frickin hilarious!!! I was laughing my ass off about your leggings making a run for it and the same big butt effect. You be so so silly!

Thanks for taking those dorky pictures! I loved them. You sure do have a great big belly! I can't believe you still have six weeks to go!!!!

McDolan said...

Did you let the randoms know you still have 6 weeks to go before you are supposed to "pop"... well if you are lucky 3-6 weeks... isn't that scary sounding - potentially 3 weeks and you be having a baby - I know when Dr. Tracy said that good timing for Ravenna to make her entrance would be at 37.5 weeks I about flipped out since I was 34 weeks at that time - but then as the days and comfort progressed to very uncomfortable I was happy when she appeared at 37 :) ... okay that was a long post. see you and the b-ball this sunday :)

Alyssa said...

HA! I'm pretty sure your black leggings and my black belly band are sitting on a beach somewhere in the tropics sipping mai tais and trying desperately to forget their former lives.

Tammy Spence said...

That was a hilarious post! I love the black legging comment. Maybe when the baby girl pops out they'll resurface.
Oh by the way, you look adorable! Man alive that is an awesome booty. I'm with sarah, I cannot believe you have six weeks to go.
Cherish those random comments they are all part of the experience.
Have fun!!

Nicole said...

You look AWESOME! I was HUGE at 36 weeks and I ended-up going into labor a few days later! The doctors were a little concerned at first but Riley came out full term weighing 7 lbs 8 oz so obviously they had miscalculated my due date. The moral of the story... have your bags packed and be ready for anything =)