Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shower 'til you DROP!



My Ma did the flowers The spreadGT surrounded by her future BFFs
Girls Girls Girls!!
Bloody Marys, Mimosas... and Strawberry Lemonade :)

My dear sis-in-law, Alyssa, and one of my bestest friends, Kelly, hosted an AWESOME baby shower for me at the Greenlake Blue Water Bistro on Sunday. It was a beautiful day to spend with friends and family, eating yummy food, and opening tons of gifts!! GT is pretty much set for the good life. I had so much fun going through everything and finding places for it all in her nursery. I have my first load of baby clothes ready to wash! I just need to get some gentle detergent first :)

After I got home from my shower, I planted my butt on the couch and didn't move for the next few hours :) I noticed GT was squirming a lot more than normal... but didn't think much of it. Then, yesterday morning, I noticed that I felt a little less pressure around my rib cage, and more pressure lower down (the kind that makes you feel like you gotta go to the bathroom even after you just went). I thought perhaps she was starting to drop - but wasn't sure if it was all in my head. Then last night, as I changed into my pajamas, I caught sight of myself in the mirror. What the... my belly button is pointing down! That's not how it looked before! I showed Mike and he agreed - our girl must've dropped!

2-4 weeks is what they say to expect once your baby drops. Let the countdown begin!

8 comments:

Claudia said...

Okay, so where is the picture of the dropped belly? I hope the little gal is thinking sooner than later. I am ready to hold two little girls and now that Mac is at a whopping 7 pounds 13 ounces I think you can allow the little Gee baby to come and trust that she will not dwarf our little Mackie. She, of course, will have her own ideas as to when she is ready to leave her current digs ;) xox

McDolan said...

um does that freak you out slightly!
Also mommy advice ... All free and clear is ther detergent I use, neither of my kids have had a reaction and it also happens to be cheaper... plus the dreft stuff is over rated ... trust me! Also get some oxyclean- I think it helps get the poo stains out :)
Man oh man I better see you before you actually poo. Let us know what Tracy says :)

McDolan said...

oh one last thing - how is that kitchen project going ... is it going to be ready in time :) hehehe

Alyssa said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... she got low, low, low! It's been my experience that they mean business when they drop. My little almost-8-pound chublet and I can't wait to meet our niece and cousin:) Woohoo!

Alyssa said...

P.S. Merry is probably right about the detergents, but I have to admit that Dreft smells super baby cute! I've even been washing my own clothes in it so everything I wear (even my towels) remind me of my girl;)

McDolan said...

um re-reading my comment and my lack of proof reading... I meant pop NOT poo :)

Hailey said...

Ha! Merry, I'm glad you clarified that. Because while that's a common thing to accidentally do while giving birth, I wouldn't think it would be your focus of the event! Hehe! :)

Unknown said...

AH HA HA HA!! I thought Merry was talking about you pooing too! And that's why she wanted to make sure you got the right detergent on time!

Your shower looks like it was so much fun! I only wish I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE! :-(

AND WE NEED TO SEE SOME DROPPED BELLY PICS PLEASE!!! I'm so excited. I had a dream that baby GT was already here and she was so so beautiful it made me cry. I can't wait to hold her... even if it will be a while.