Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stubborn Girl

Smooth sailing can only last for so long, right? Eventually your wind is going to change and your approach adjusted accordingly. Such is life.

GT has decided she's more comfortable chillin' hammock style. Her head is up on my left side, her legs up toward my right, her butt snug at the bottom. It seems she shifted back into this "Frank Breech" position around the time she dropped. She's also a BIG girl. Estimated to be 7 lbs 4 oz already. Michael now lovingly refers to her as "Frank the Tank."

Normally, my doctor would try to manipulate her position from the outside to turn her around. However, my amniotic fluid is a bit on the low side, making me "not a good candidate" for this procedure. I guess this gust of wind is going to require a bit more adjustment than that.

GT is so grounded.

I'm doing what I can to motivate her to turn on her own. Right now I have classical music playing from earphones tucked low in my belly band. I also read about (and will try) some other techniques to get a breech baby to turn. Because of my low fluid, I can't attempt any of the gravity maneuvers... so no headstands for me. Not that I think I could do that with this belly anyway!

I know what this situation likely means and I'm working on adjusting to the idea of having a c-section. But I've been fantasizing about my labor/delivery experience for so long, it's hard to switch gears. It does help to focus on the positive though. I am going to have a healthy, chubby-cheeked, stubborn little chunkster soon... one way or another.

I guess it's up to GT to decide how she'll make her debut :)

4 comments:

McDolan said...

How did I know I could check your blog for an official update on your appointment :) ... I am sorry to here she has shifted sideways, my friend Clover had that happen frank breech baby,and miracuously (can't spell), he went into the right position, though she opted for a c-section because of his size... hopefully that will happen to GT too, turn that is. Can't wait to meet her :) neither can Ravenna!!!

Claudia said...

I can't wait to meet this little girl who is doing things on her terms. If she likes the hammock position maybe she will like to be cradled. That will make me the happy Gammy. I can't wait to softly pinch her chubby cheeks and see her funny faces. She is going to have to work hard on those faces to top Mackie's. Hmmm, Frank the Tank...

Unknown said...

I think it's official. Frankie should be her name!

Well, dargonit! Little GT!!! You little rascal! Turn back over and make your mommy happy! (You need to read this to her from her Aunt Sarah)

I hope she turns. I've been thinking about you every single day and having quite a few dreams about you too (about both you and my neighbor... go figure!)

Let's see some more pics! PAAALEEEASE!

Alyssa said...

Frank the Tank is hilarious! I can't wait to meet the little Frankster and I hope it's sooner than later. Mac is almost 9 lbs. now so I'm hoping she will be bigger than than GT at birth, but it sounds like it will be a close race. I'm not sure what I'm more excited for...the first pic of the cousins together or the first glass of wine for the sistas-in-law together? Maybe a picture of us holding the cousins and drinking wine???