Monday, June 29, 2009

Ode to Thomas and Lucerne

I do not know how else I would get myself out of bed, showered, dressed and on the bus to work if I didn't know that I had a bag of Thomas' Cinnamon Raisin Swirl bagels waiting for me in my desk drawer, and a tub of Lucerne Soft Cream Cheese in the office kitchen. It really motivates me to get to work! (The key is to NOT have these items at home.)

If you haven't tried these bagels before, you're missing out. They're pre-cut but still so smushy soft! Our office toaster is a joke, it's made for thin sliced bread only... and even though these bagels are pretty thick, they can be smashed thin to fit and still taste chewy and delicious.

Cream cheese is cream cheese to me, so I can't brag much about that except to say that Lucerne is usually quite a bit cheaper than Philadelphia, but tastes just the same. Regardless of the brand, smothering it on a Thomas' Cinnamon Raisin Swirl bagel is a breakfast treat from heaven.

Yeah, I'm still very pregnant.

8 comments:

Claudia said...

I think you really need to have that baby. Bagels may still have a place in your life, but they won't be your motivation to get out of bed and they certainly won't be center stage. It is also quite unlikely that they will warrent a sequel ode. But for now? Whatever works... xox

Hailey said...

HAVE the baby? I'm not sure GT realizes that's an option...

Alyssa said...

I just laughed to myself imagining chubby-cheeked GT lounging in her hammock enjoying a tasty bagel & cream cheese breakfast. Maybe you need to start eating lima beans for breakfast instead? I think she's too comfortable!

Hailey said...

Good point Nyss! I think I'll have some SUPER SPICEY thai food for lunch today. That'll show her.

McDolan said...

I loved my bagels and cream cheese too when preggers, except it was my second breakfast- my first was a protein smoothie at home - but that did not quite fill me up enough!

Unknown said...

Wow. When you dedicate an entire post to your bagels, I'm gonna go ahead and say, yeah, you're still pregnant!

Thanks for the cream cheese tips. I'm not a bagel fan. Merry's smoothie sounds yummy though.

Claudia said...

Okay, little Gee already has a reputation for liking to lounge hammock style and eat comfort food. I did a little research on the frank breech position. It is actually the one that has the best chance for a VB. However, she complicates things with her size...

Who knows, she still may call the shots

xox

Tammy Spence said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This post just kills me. I remember feeling so obsessed with certain foods too. I want to see some belly pics!! Having fun waddling around?!
Can't wait to see how the kitchen is coming along too.